We are happy to announce the release of ConfD 7.2 with several exciting new features. This blog post highlights the most important enhancements, changes, and deprecations. These, however, are just the highlights. As with any new ConfD release, you should read the CHANGES file to learn more about what is highlighted here as well as to learn about everything else which is new in this release.
New features include:
- ConfD now has the option to run in FIPS mode utilizing an OpenSSL FIPS mode libcrypto.
- A utility to perform a set of sanity checks on a confd.conf file to check for misconfiguration of ConfD.
- Performance improvement for loading CLI configurations via confd_load and MAAPI .
- Added support for storing TLS data in CDB (private key, certificate, and CA certificates).
- Optimized some XPath evaluations when traversing large lists.
- The built-in SSH server now supports private key files in OpenSSH and PKCS#8 format in addition to the PKCS#1 format.
- The CDB debug dump tool can now output in XML format.
- Added progress trace entries for events when a transaction is being applied.
As a reminder of previous deprecation announcements, the following features are scheduled to be removed in ConfD 7.3:
- The legacy REST API has been deprecated and will be removed in ConfD v7.3. It has been recommended for a long time that the standards-based RESTCONF API should be used instead of the older, Tail-f proprietary REST API. See the ConfD User Guide for documentation on migrating from the legacy REST API to RESTCONF.
- Python 2 support for the Python API has been deprecated. This is in line with the EOL of Python 2 across the industry. You should migrate your Python 2 code to Python 3.
- The leaf-list backward capability flag which was introduced in ConfD 6.5 as part of the modernization of leaf-list handling will be removed in ConfD 7.3.
As previously noted, these are just a few of the new updates and enhancements in ConfD v7.2. We are excited about all the new features and innovations that are being offered in the latest version of ConfD. Be sure to take the time to read the CHANGES file from the ConfD distribution for full details about what is new in ConfD v7.2.
You can access the new Confd 7.2 here: https://support.tail-f.com/delivery/login