It is hard to believe that 2018 is coming to an end. What a fantastic year to be in the field of network programmability. We want to express our thanks to our friends, customers and colleagues and let you all know how much we appreciate you! 2018 has been an exciting year for us with new product improvements, a greater focus on improved communications, and increased technical content to share. This year we:
Launched New Product Improvements:
- With the releases of ConfD 6.6 and ConfD 6.7 this year, several new features were introduced including NETCONF Call Home and RESTCONF Notifications, YANG Patch, and Token Authentication for the programmable northbound interfaces.
- The release of ConfD 6.7 also included new examples that expand to all languages (C, Java and Python), added two RESTCONF examples, and an example showing how to subscribe to operational state data from CDB. With these examples, we now have a full set of examples for all languages and all examples in the intro directory.
- We continued to provide educational material focused on standards based programmability using NETCONF and YANG. Our application notes and whitepapers included, among other topics, information on YANG leaf-list handling and providing state data from PostgreSQL or Cassandra over NETCONF.
- With all of this activity, we have seen a measurable increase in the adoption of NETCONF and YANG usage.
- We spent the year developing and creating great ways to communicate with you through our newsletter, applications notes and blog. The goal is to put more information into your hands to make you more successful at what you do and to make it easier for everyone to learn about ConfD, NETCONF, YANG, and programmability.
- The Tail-f team spent a lot of time this year in the field to better understand your needs and challenges to increase the efficiencies in ConfD and its usability.
- We also increased the level of technical communications to help users dig deeper into their understanding of what ConfD can do. This technical approach has greatly increased the download rates for this content as well as ConfD Basic (our free offering), while increasing the aptitude of users.
Up Leveled our User Conference:
- Expanded our ConfD Developer Days technical conference to build better conversations and understanding of programmability in the complex network elements being used today and produced in the future.
- This year’s event allowed for more opportunities for attendees to network with each other and with the Tail-f engineering team.
- Additionally, we implemented this year the first ever “Ask the Expert Lunch” event with experts at 10 themed tables that could address any questions attendees had. The response has been overwhelmingly positive to this new addition to ConfD Developer Days. This will continue to be a facet of our events moving forward.
We can say that 2018 has been the most successful to date and we couldn’t have done it without you. We hope 2019 will prove to be even more successful for you and for programmability.